Sunday, December 30, 2007

There really is nothing on T.V. !


I was having a chat with Janie (from "Getting A Life") and we seem to have come to the same conclusion. THERE IS NOTHING TO WATCH ON TELEVISION! I flip through channels looking for something to watch as I am "clearing the clutter" but seem to come up empty time and time again.

Janie has Direct TV and I have Time Warner Cable (same sh*# different companies). But there is one thing I do know--we watch the same movies over and over again...

  • You've Got Mail
  • When Harry Met Sally
  • Sleepless in Seattle
  • Failure to Launch
  • How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days
  • Something's Gotta Give
  • Maid in Manhattan
  • The Wedding Planner
  • The Wedding Singer
  • Monster-In-Law
  • The Family Stone
  • Elizabethtown
  • Pretty Woman
  • The Runaway Bride
  • Something to Talk About
  • Bad Boys (I & II)
  • Enough
Are there other people out there who know what we're talking about? If so, what movies are you addicted to because "there's nothing on t.v."?

6 comments:

Toni Campbell said...

I have to add:
Diary of a Mad Black Woman
Two Can Play That Game
Rent (I hate it but I get to hear my husband sing)
and recently added:
40 Year Old Virgin

Lydia said...

Practical Magic
Hope Floats
Something New
Passion Fish
The Break-Up
Waiting To Exhale"I'd like it if YOU were black!!!!"LMAO
and that one with Ashley Judd and Greg Kinnear and she does a cheerleading routine in her underwear?

there's more, but I don't remember them until I am channel surfing and then go "OH! I love that!"

Anonymous said...

also to add, (keep in mind I have 3 girls, one a tween), High School Musical, Akeelah And The Bee, Jump, Pirates of the Caribbean, Some, Bring it on, Drumline, Stomp The Yard, Daddy's Little Girls, Love & Basketball, Deliver Us From Eva, Breaking All The Rules, (yes, probably every movie Gabrielle Union is in for some reason, Saving Silverman (on DirectTV now) AMTM re-runs, Law & Order all of them), CSI....

Toni Campbell said...

Thanks Tonja for mentioning Breaking All the Rules! I couldn't remember the name of it. The best part about the movie is that they seemed to have changed the ending and they had to go back and reshoot it. But Jamie Foxx had already cut his hair so they made a horrible little dreadlock wig for him!!

Liz Dwyer said...

There's still nothing on TV and I have Time Warner too! Why must I see High Fidelity and Ferris Bueller a million times? Being from Chicago, I love both films, but enough already!

Lisa said...

Great list! I would just add "Never Been Kissed".